Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Istallation Interrupted!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DJnPT

DJnPT

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:37 PM

:wavey:
Maybe someone here can help!
not a serious problem, but thought I'ld throw it out there........
When trying to install Quicken 2005 Premiere Home and Business, installation gets to 100% and then a message "Installation interrupted Quicken was not installed". After doing extensive research on Microsoft, Dell, Installshield and other support forums (forgot about this one.......researched it a long time ago when I heard about Hijack), many people are having problems installing certain software programs with XP SP2 installed. Installshield says it's a SP2 problem and Microsoft says it's an Installshield problem and Quicken(Intuit) is staying out of it! Anyone having any success had to uninstall SP2........install program.....and then reinstall SP2 (even Microsoft recommends this!...as the last resort!)
Here's the problem: I cannot uninstall SP2! (no restore point before I installed it and I deleted the hidden uninstall folder.. :wall: ...no way to uninstall SP2 [I have the disk] unless the uninstall folder is still hidden deep in the registry somewhere!)..........
I have tried all of Installshield and Microsoft's fixes and nothing works!.....like I said, it's not that big of a deal but, any suggestions on how to get Quicken installed or uninstall SP2?

thanks.....Dennis

Advertisements

Register to Remove