Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:24:22 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Any program on cd that uses the Installshield Wizard fails at begining of setup with error message:
Setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. Restart your system and try again. Error 105.
After running a Windows XP repair, it still will not install any program from cd that uses the Installshield Wizard.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:24:22 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Any program on cd that uses the Installshield Wizard fails at begining of setup with error message:
Setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. Restart your system and try again. Error 105.
After running a Windows XP repair, it still will not install any program from cd that uses the Installshield Wizard.
Since I've gotten no replies regarding this issue, I guess that means that it must be in "Self Help" somewhere but I can't find it.
Naw. I just don't know the answer based on the information you've provided, or that is available to you at this time.
I googled a couple of times regarding Error 105 and InstallShield Wizard failure, and have only found "very specific" references.
"very specific" meaning that the reference only applied to a particular application and not to InstallShield Wizard Failure in general.
Is there a specific "application" that you are having trouble installing?
Best Regards
I can't install any program from the cdrom that uses the installshield wizard. It worked fine with the windows cd because it doesn't use the installshield wizard. When I compared the files on my computer to the problem computer, I noticed that "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32" was missing. The 1050 folder and contents of that folder was missing so I replaced it by way of transferring though the home network. I wish it was as easy to just run an in-place repair but I done that twice with no luck.
Do you happen to have Nero installed on that machine.
also note: a simple copy/paste of the 1050 folder and contents may not be sufficient.
In order to be "active" when needed, items in that folder probably have to use Registry entries for proper function.
An "update" of installshield wizard may help.
I've only found such updates from third-party sources, so far.
I'm looking for an MS update for the installshield wizard.
If you find one before I do, please let me know.
Best Regards
Yes, I do have nero installed on the problem machine. I've tried search the ms knowledge base but I came up with nothing about a simple reinstall resolution.
After the initial error, a close box appears. The top or header of the box reads: 16 bit windows subsystem. It also reads inside this box as: The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. After closing this box about 30 times, it finally stops.
Hey Dough,
I got the problem fixed when I put a known good dvdrw in the machine. I guess the old cdrom's just weren't compatible with the Biostar motherboard and Windows XP. Lite-On rw drives are my choice. I would advise anyone who has this problem with cdrom drives to do what I did and that's toss them in the trash can where I dumped 4 of them in the last few days!
Take Care and Thanks Again'
"The Bullet"
Hey Dough,
I got the problem fixed when I put a known good dvdrw in the machine. I guess the old cdrom's just weren't compatible with the Biostar motherboard and Windows XP. Lite-On rw drives are my choice. I would advise anyone who has this problem with cdrom drives to do what I did and that's toss them in the trash can where I dumped 4 of them in the last few days!
Take Care and Thanks Again'
"The Bullet"
Cdrom's Make Great Frisbee's!!!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI