Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Installshield Fails During CDROM Program Install

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 4:24:22 PM, on 12/11/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Any program on cd that uses the Installshield Wizard fails at begining of setup with error message: Setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. Restart your system and try again. Error 105. After running a Windows XP repair, it still will not install any program from cd that uses the Installshield Wizard.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:24:22 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Any program on cd that uses the Installshield Wizard fails at begining of setup with error message:

Setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. Restart your system and try again. Error 105.

After running a Windows XP repair, it still will not install any program from cd that uses the Installshield Wizard.

Since I've gotten no replies regarding this issue, I guess that means that it must be in "Self Help" somewhere but I can't find it.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

Naw. I just don't know the answer based on the information you've provided, or that is available to you at this time. I googled a couple of times regarding Error 105 and InstallShield Wizard failure, and have only found "very specific" references. "very specific" meaning that the reference only applied to a particular application and not to InstallShield Wizard Failure in general. Is there a specific "application" that you are having trouble installing? Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

I can't install any program from the cdrom that uses the installshield wizard. It worked fine with the windows cd because it doesn't use the installshield wizard. When I compared the files on my computer to the problem computer, I noticed that "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32" was missing. The 1050 folder and contents of that folder was missing so I replaced it by way of transferring though the home network. I wish it was as easy to just run an in-place repair but I done that twice with no luck.

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Do you happen to have Nero installed on that machine. also note: a simple copy/paste of the 1050 folder and contents may not be sufficient. In order to be "active" when needed, items in that folder probably have to use Registry entries for proper function. An "update" of installshield wizard may help. I've only found such updates from third-party sources, so far. I'm looking for an MS update for the installshield wizard. If you find one before I do, please let me know. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Yes, I do have nero installed on the problem machine. I've tried search the ms knowledge base but I came up with nothing about a simple reinstall resolution.

#7 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:42 PM

After the initial error, a close box appears. The top or header of the box reads: 16 bit windows subsystem. It also reads inside this box as: The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. After closing this box about 30 times, it finally stops.

#8 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hey Dough, I got the problem fixed when I put a known good dvdrw in the machine. I guess the old cdrom's just weren't compatible with the Biostar motherboard and Windows XP. Lite-On rw drives are my choice. I would advise anyone who has this problem with cdrom drives to do what I did and that's toss them in the trash can where I dumped 4 of them in the last few days! Take Care and Thanks Again' "The Bullet"

#9 Baltimore Bullet

Baltimore Bullet

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:08 PM

Hey Dough,
I got the problem fixed when I put a known good dvdrw in the machine. I guess the old cdrom's just weren't compatible with the Biostar motherboard and Windows XP. Lite-On rw drives are my choice. I would advise anyone who has this problem with cdrom drives to do what I did and that's toss them in the trash can where I dumped 4 of them in the last few days!

Take Care and Thanks Again'
"The Bullet"

Cdrom's Make Great Frisbee's!!! :D