This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Avast Freeware Vs. Norton 2003

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I'm "relatively" new to computers, somewhat ignorant from a technical standpoint. Hands on/ self taught (somtimes mislead), until now, I'm sure. I purchased Norton 2003 new and have all of the "bells and whistles". But since I have been perusing this forum as well as BestTechie.net, I'm seeing (learning) over and over again that Norton is severely lacking. My question is: Would the freeware version of Avast provide me with adequate protection? I am also using SpySubtract, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Script defender, Privacy Gaurdian, PG Shredder, CWShredder, Eraser, Crap Cleaner and Spybot- Search & Destroy. Any suggestions (free-ware) as I lack the provision for online purcha$ing. Thank You. :wall: