This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win ME and Protection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the correct place. I have Win ME and no support now. I love Win ME but it is tough with no support, security updates, etc. I never would have gotten it on my computer if I had known that support would totally stop. :angry: I saw a news magazine show a few weeks ago that says hackers are now targeting Win ME users since they have no security updates available. I am now very paranoid! My question is this…. Can you guys recommend a good, free program that will protect me against hackers (<–most important), viruses, worms, etc? One that works with Win ME and doesn't eat up a ton of memory. I had a recommendation for Avast but I would rather find out what you guys think first. I have Pest Patrol but I'm not sure the extent of what that protects. I had Spy Bot but it ate up all of my memory and made my computer act weird. I love What The Tech (best forum on the net) and I was able to remove multiple viruses from my husband's computer back in January with your help (don't know why I had to re-register!) Any help would be MUCH appreciated! :D Jeanne

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI