Hi.
I am currently looking for a good anti-virus software, and I am wondering which one the moderators here think is the best. I currently use UniBlue Spy Eraser, and just downloaded Avira AntiVir. It is supposed to be quite good, but I am wondering if there are any better ones. They also have to be free.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I was going to put it in the "Computer Tips" section, but I do not have write privileges.
Thanks for the help!
Hi,
The choice of anti virus products can be highly subjective and some folks swear by some product whilst others swear at them!
I have always had very good service from AVG (the free version is available for personal use only) but its' important to update it at least daily.
Other folks will no doubt come up with their favourites, so its probably best to sift the evidence carefully and then go for the one that on balance you feel will serve you the best. You probably know that it is is most unwise to have two anti virus products running and providing real time protection, at the same time, due to the tendency to conflict with one another.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI