Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Knock, Knock. May I Come In?(Merged 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Not_A_Bozo

Not_A_Bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

:huh: Gotta admit that I like these Clickable Smilies! :blink: Anyway, I am jazzed about being able to enter the Classroom! I want to learn and understand the "magic" (aka, knowledgeable ability to read an HJT Log and knowing a few other tidbits to round out the process) ... and in turn I want to assist those who will be in need, in a position to ask for help in cleaning up kludged computers! ... hey, I also have an ulterior motive: I simply want to know more about these beasts. To somewhat 'tame' them, in a way! Staring them (the computers, that is. Or, more like I'd like to stare-down the malicious do-no-gooders, in their not-so-soft software-eyes, and not blink ... And, effectively taking one from the Three Stooges, poke'em in the eyes - with two digits of my choice... nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!!! :weee: May I enter? ... and, where do I begin? .... Not_A_Bozo

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware hound

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:++

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

Go here to ask for admission: http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421

#3 Not_A_Bozo

Not_A_Bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:23 AM

Hello and good morning! (1/8/04 8am PST) Dunno whatever happened to my first/only post here last night. Since I have not seen it nor any reply and nor an offer of an empty seat in the Classroom, I've had my mother write this "note to be excused from gym - so's I can sit at the feet of the masters" ... Frustrated yet envigorated by the process of righting the wrongs of Slyware and their creators, I want to know more about the inner workings of the cleaning process and help others in this forum (and anywhere else my knowledge will be useful and help create happy computer users!) ... May I come in and have a seat? When do the lessons begin? :D Am very happy to be invited to be a part of this helping group! Not_A_Bozo ps, will an email arrive at my mailbox or ??? ... how will I know what to do next and where will I find that information? ... thanks! :wavey:

#4 Steve

Steve

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:09 PM

Budfred responded to your post last night. If you're having a hard time finding your post, have a look HERE Threads were merged, Steve.. ;)

Edited by cnm, 08 January 2004 - 10:56 PM.

#5 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:54 PM

Go here to ask for admission: http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421

Click it.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#6 Not_A_Bozo

Not_A_Bozo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:39 PM

somehow I missed the logical process, Ms CNM. :huh:

(1) I clicked on the/your given link:

Good work. Glad to be of assistance.
You may be interested in the Classroom:
http://forums.spywar...showtopic=18788

(2) Then clicked on the offered registration link and registered; I received the verification & activation email from TomCoyote.org; I acknowledged that email and voila! The registration process seemed complete...

If you are interested in joining up, the first thing to do is register at http://tomcoyote.org...ms/index.php?s=

(3) I then posted an initial Reply "Add Reply" (from the last page "[17]" of that topic.)...

Then post a Reply to this: http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421 and one of the Admins there willl arrange for you to have access to the Classroom. 

(4) I returned to that forum/topic some hours later, again going to the last page "[17]," not finding a response/acknowledgement from an Admin. In fact, I did not even see my original Reply. ... I just let that go for the time and checked back later still. ... Same results on that last page - "[17]" - No Admin response/acknowledgement nor presence of my original Reply.

(5) I then made a second Reply. ... Checked back later still. Same-o, same-o - no evidence of an Admin response nor either of my two Replies. ...... hmmmmmm

(6) Finally, I went back to my original post in the SpywareInfo forum and made my dilemma known there ...

(7) SOooooooooo ..... based on your (CNM's) last/most recent response, I went back AGAIN to the last page of the TomCoyote.org forum (the link referred to in "(3)" above) ... Again back to the last page "[17]" and ... just for the heck of it, clicked on the "Next Newest" link at the bottom of that (same last) page .... and THERE found all the Admin responses to my Replies!

(8) Seems to me that I missed the fact that the "Last Page" link on that forum page (http://forums.tomcoy...pic=1421&st=240) does not show all the "last page" entries ... until I clicked on the "Next Newest" link at the bottom.

---------------------------------------------

details, details, details ..... :dumb:

Well, now that I've been able to find the replies from Admins on that last page's "Next Newest" link ...

the links offered there lead right back to the first page of this forum! :scratch:

Is this the "Classroom"? ... this forum? this site? ... Sorry to be so dense here! :blink:

Can you help clarify for me?

THANKS very much. Sorry, again, to be so seemingly clueless here... :oops:

Not_A_Bozo

#7 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

Then post a Reply to this: http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421 and one of the Admins there willl arrange for you to have access to the Classroom.

USE THE ADD REPLY BUTTON TO THAT THREAD, not the new topic one
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#8 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:54 PM

http://forums.tomcoy...=02&f=10&t=1421

that link will open a reply window to that thread, ask to be let in for your post
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#9 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:08 AM

........Not A BoZo Got Too Much Time On Hands??.......
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com