This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

nocturnal-001

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

im nocturnal-001. I am here to learn about malware and getting rid of it. I am waiting to be accepted into the MRU program. I have been helped in the forums at TSG and now I want to throw my hat in the ring for the White Hat side I am a stay at home father with a pretty good knowledge of computers, so I have alot of time on my hands to learn (hopefully i wont have to unlearn too much) Some of the malware, etc… out there is pretty vicious. I want to hit back at these people the only way I can, by learning to undo there work, and helping people retake their PC's.
After applying for the Classes to learn to remove malware, I wa doing some reading. Apparently I already blew it in the intitial application. I answered the questipon how to boot in safe mode with the msconfig method. Apparently this is a big no no. Hope that my error willnot disqualify me from learning to help.
Hello, and welcome.

I answered the questipon how to boot in safe mode with the msconfig method. Apparently this is a big no no.

This is a no no?
Some times it is required to use this method.
But I am a tech, not a mal-ware expert.
[external image: Posted Image] nocturnal-001,

That is too bad, but you have found WTT and can join in and answer any posts you have the knowledge to reply to here. Please, not in the Malware Forum as they are all accredited Malware fighters who work there. It is a good idea to browse through the Terms of Use so no mistakes can be made when replying to threads.

Again welcome to WTT.

kind regards, :wavey:
Thx tallin. I know im not ready for removal yet. I have my application in but have yet to be accepted at MRU. Hopefully someday.
And @HFCG If you go to Malware Removal .com there is a link on how to boot into Safe Mode safely. Apparently there are numerous things that can go wrong, horribly wrong, as far as being able to boot goes.
heres a link to MR SafeBoot with virus/malware expination.
———————————-
http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/safemodeboot.php
———————————-
Hello nocturnal-001,

You have been accepted into the Classroom and cannot be in MRU as well.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_the_Tec…oom_t80368.html

A new student should not enroll in more than one school at the beginning of their training, this is to ensure the trainee is actively participating in the programs and avoid overload in their learning. We want you to enjoy and successfully complete the program.


I am an Administrator there, what username did you apply with please.

Best regards.
Hi Nocturnal001,

You have been accepted into the Classroom

Well done and congratulations to you. One does get great satisfaction in helping others at any level of expertise.

best regards,