This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help Me With This Virus Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I hope you can help me I keep getting a message from Nortons Virus Alert Nortons has discovered a virus on your computer however when I run a virus scan nothing shows up. I have scanned with Nortons and did an online scan wit Panda and housecall and nothing showed up but I still keep getting these messages. I clicked on the virus name in the message and was taken to Symantic where they described the trojan and explained how to remove it which entailed disabling system restore starting in safe mode running virus scan (which found the trojan) removing the trojan checking the registry and then restarting everything. I did all this and the first time I connected to the internet there it was again Please help This is my log Carole
The following have randomly named file names, and as such are normally malware.
Follow their process tree. Right click on the file and go to Properties.
Then go to the Version tab to see what company name it's from:

C:\WINDOWS\ocstibkk.exe

Let me know and then cut copy and paste a new log here.

Don't use File Attachments.
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.

To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:
So how did I get infected in the first place?



If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)

The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI