This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HELP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I am a bit of a noob when it comes to computers so I need help. Basically I know I have a virus, probably a trojan horse generator which keeps making new trojans to attack my system. Norton Antivirus has detected some of these and blocked them, so I ran some scans and nothing came up. I decided to stay on the safe side and ran an AVG scan which found some other trojans and quarantined them. I thought everything was fine but when I try to update/open Norton it doesn't let me, so I downloaded and installed HijackThis from download.com as it was highly rated and popular. Now I carried out a quick scan and saved the log and I would be very happy if anyone told me what items I should delete and which I should keep. Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 14:16:29, on 22/10/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5346.0005) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI HYDRAVISION\HydraDM.exe C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
Hi jamesclifford,

if you still need help will you please post a whole log here for me??
I should have to see also the:
R1,R0, 02, 03, 04, 06, 08, 09, 010, 011, 012, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018, 020, 021, 023 lines.
Don't be concerned if not all the numbers are listed in your log.
So, please, run HijacktHis agian and copy and paste the whole log here for me using the add reply button.

Regards,

Rosty.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI