Shane72
Topic Starter
Hi all,
I'm having an issue and it's at more than one client site. It appears to only effect Windows 2000 computers, but when a user boots up and logs on, they get a pop-up box that says the following:
Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files.
Insert your Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM now.
If you insert your CD, it copies the files but the message still pops up upon reboot. If you cancel, the message still comes back the next time. Also, on each machine that exhibits this problem, Windows Update will not work– it says something to the effect of "Windows Update cannot continue."
I immediately thought spyware, so I did a cleaning with both Adaware and Spybot, with no luck.
Could this be a virus?
Has anyone seen this issue yet?
Many thanks,
Shane
I'm having an issue and it's at more than one client site. It appears to only effect Windows 2000 computers, but when a user boots up and logs on, they get a pop-up box that says the following:
Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files.
Insert your Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM now.
If you insert your CD, it copies the files but the message still pops up upon reboot. If you cancel, the message still comes back the next time. Also, on each machine that exhibits this problem, Windows Update will not work– it says something to the effect of "Windows Update cannot continue."
I immediately thought spyware, so I did a cleaning with both Adaware and Spybot, with no luck.
Could this be a virus?
Has anyone seen this issue yet?
Many thanks,
Shane