And thank you guys so much for all your help, I can't say that enough, thank you for sticking with this and helping me
Good job hanging in there
I think we all earned a gold star
Once you're sure you're clean: You might want to do the SP2 update and see if that corrects the recycle bin problem. I'll keep looking for a fix.
1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files
7. Click OK and windows will comply.
Turn off System Restore:
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Restart your computer, turn it back on.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them.
Spywareblaster,
Spywareguard and
IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a
FREE FIREWALL and
FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.
Keep your system up to date and run
Adaware &
Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.
Safe Surfing.
