Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spyware Blaster

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marie

marie

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:17 PM

Somebody mentioned spyware blaster where the programme will stop the spywares getting into your PC. I think, it might be just what I am looking for as I will not have to scan, and update regularly like I have to do with Spybot and Ad-aware. At the moment, I have installed on my PC, Ad-aware 6, Spybot search and destry, Hijack this, Schredder on my desktop. I would rather have only one programme to stop spywares getting in my PC without having to worry about updating and scanning regularly. I am wondering whether Spyware Blaster is the one for me!! Please advise, also I am looking for something simple. Just a thought, I have got so many icons on my desktop, what happened when it ran out of space. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:51 PM

Hi Marie, I like Spyware Blaster. Still have to update though. You can cleanup desk top easily and put unused icons into one folder.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

#3 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:34 PM

there is no one program that will protect you, a layered defense is the best approach. Read my suggestions on the home page link if you want a good idea of what I use...
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#4 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:51 PM

My answer was too simplistic. Myself, I have several programs which help keep the baddies out; and I found them at coyote's home page link. Also, you have winxp; so to cleanup your desktop, rightclick on a bare space on your desktop> run mouse over 'arrange icons by'>click on 'Run Desktop Wizard" Hope this helps. :wavey:

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

#5 radio

radio

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:04 AM

I usually add this as another layer of protection:

http://www.mvps.org/...p2002/hosts.htm

Edited by radio, 16 December 2003 - 08:04 AM.

PCPitstop Forum

Claria, aka Gator is "NO"ware

#6 Guest_QSection_*

Guest_QSection_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

Hello marie Proper defences require proper software in place. Suggested is A good firewall A good anti-virus programme A good anti-trojan programme A good anti-worm programme A couple of good anti-spy programmes A good anti-spy tool Some of these you may have already. A great anti-virus programme does not necessarily catch all trojans; a great browser protection programme most likely will not catch worms. A layered protection scheme is best to be as protected as possible. Hopefully this will not bury you in too much information. Should you have any questions or need any kind of help at all you can come here and the folks in-the-know will be happy to help. Best wishes