Somebody mentioned spyware blaster where the programme will stop the spywares getting into your PC. I think, it might be just what I am looking for as I will not have to scan, and update regularly like I have to do with Spybot and Ad-aware.
At the moment, I have installed on my PC, Ad-aware 6, Spybot search and destry, Hijack this, Schredder on my desktop. I would rather have only one programme to stop spywares getting in my PC without having to worry about updating and scanning regularly. I am wondering whether Spyware Blaster is the one for me!! Please advise, also I am looking for something simple. Just a thought, I have got so many icons on my desktop, what happened when it ran out of space.
Thanks.
there is no one program that will protect you, a layered defense is the best approach.
Read my suggestions on the home page link if you want a good idea of what I use…
My answer was too simplistic. Myself, I have several programs which help keep the baddies out; and I found them at coyote's home page link.
Also, you have winxp; so to cleanup your desktop, rightclick on a bare space on your desktop> run mouse over 'arrange icons by'>click on 'Run Desktop Wizard"
Hope this helps.
Hello marie
Proper defences require proper software in place. Suggested is
A good firewall
A good anti-virus programme
A good anti-trojan programme
A good anti-worm programme
A couple of good anti-spy programmes
A good anti-spy tool
Some of these you may have already. A great anti-virus programme does not necessarily catch all trojans; a great browser protection programme most likely will not catch worms. A layered protection scheme is best to be as protected as possible. Hopefully this will not bury you in too much information. Should you have any questions or need any kind of help at all you can come here and the folks in-the-know will be happy to help.
Best wishes