This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Error Loading Lmouse.drv. You Must Reinstall Windo

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi,
I was wondering if any one can help me.
I use Windows 98 and had to reinstall windows, using the original disk.
The installation was fine and when completed I rebooted my computer but then it says:

"Error loading lmouse.drv. You must reinstall Windows"
and the computer turns off.

So I reinstalled windows again and again but every time I try
to start windows in normal mode I get the same Imouse error.
I changed the mouse 3 times and still the same problem.
I copied the Imouse.drv file from a different computer
and it doesn't work.
I used a startup disk - nothing.
Windows on my computer only works in safe mode.

Does any one have any solutions on how to fix this problem?
Try this, if you will, and please post back. I would like to know if this solves the issue.


go to start>run> type msconfig>ok
in the system configuration utility go to the system.ini tab and open the node-> boot. There you would find the entry msmouse.drv= imouse.drv. Uncheck it, apply, click OK and reboot.

Hi there! My brother has exactly the same problem with Windows 98 as described by horse2004. He's just tried Crow's suggestion - go to start>run> type msconfig>ok in the system configuration utility go to the system.ini tab and open the node-> boot. There you would find the entry msmouse.drv= imouse.drv. Uncheck it, apply, click OK and reboot. - but it hasn't worked for him :( , and he's getting the same error message. I just wondered if there was maybe an alternative solution anyone knew about? stirfry