This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to boot windows Xp after volume ID change

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, Im facing a strange problem. i installed ABBYY Fine Reader 9.0 on my PC with XP Sp3. After installing ABBYY fine reader, in order to crack the software i used a file ID-CHANGER.exe provided with the ABBYY Fine reader to change the volume ID of my C drive. Then on rebooting the PC, the windows did not start instead there was a blank screen with a cursor blinking and no further progress or any error msg was seen. I know that formatting and reinstalling windows will solve the problem, but i have some very important software installed on my hard disk which i won't be able to reinstall once i reinstall windows. Also iam unable to start the safe mode. kindly help ASAP Ayush
Hello and welcome to WTT. You've openly admitted that you are trying to crack software and as a result of which you have hosed your computer. I'm too new to the forum to provide you definitive information, but I can say that the users of this forum, and any respected forum frown upon the support of pirated software or cracking. When you endeavor to steal the works of other people you must understand the risks involved. I for one am not inclined to help you with your problem.
Hi and welcome to the forums, Ayush.

First up, I ask you to read this link, where we do not support "cracks" or "warez".

After reading the link above, kindly return here and post whether you need any further help or not, that conforms to the rules of that link, and the Terms of Use.

Otherwise this thread will be closed.

Troy
On second thoughts, I'm going to close this thread. If you have a problem that we can help you fix, in respect to the rules I posted above, please PM me to reopen this topic. Troy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI