This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Win Xp Update Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, Trying to update Windows XP home edition to XP sp1a but can't get past KB842773 installation. I have tried several ways to download XP sp1a and each time I am redirected to the windows update screen where it scans for latest updates and finds KB842773 to install, I click express install, it gets past the initializing state, then goes through the installing phase for about 5 minutes then displays install failed. When I view the installation history and click on the failed status the error code displayed is 802400c. I can not find any information that will help me get past this bump. Can someone help me? Sure would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance. Beverly Smoot :scratch:
Update :thumbup: I have resolved this issue. With permission I will be happy to post what I did to get KB842773 installed. Regards, Beverly Smoot