sk2200
Topic Starter
Background Information:
Home built computer??? (havent had problems in forever, first problem)
2.6 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
81 Gb HD
Windows XP Service Pack 1
Radeon 9800 pro
Issue
Hello tech team, ive been directed to you by TomK, who did wonders in helping me so far.
I did a repair install and went from sp3 to sp1. Tom helped me remove unnecessary programs from my computer, and suggested that i now try to update my windows.
I have Xp home edition with automatic updates on. I try to run auto updates and it downloads fine, but the install comes up with the following copy errors.
ntoskrnl.exe
Dial-a-fix came up with these errors below.
C:\WINNT\system32\wups.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\wups2.dll
I have tried to reregister some files that helped others by doing the following….
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuweb.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups2.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuapi.dll
but it has not worked either.
Here is the previous thread to list all of my logs
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Random_errors_t97336.html
thank you in advance for everything, you all are awesome!
Home built computer??? (havent had problems in forever, first problem)
2.6 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
81 Gb HD
Windows XP Service Pack 1
Radeon 9800 pro
Issue
Hello tech team, ive been directed to you by TomK, who did wonders in helping me so far.
I did a repair install and went from sp3 to sp1. Tom helped me remove unnecessary programs from my computer, and suggested that i now try to update my windows.
I have Xp home edition with automatic updates on. I try to run auto updates and it downloads fine, but the install comes up with the following copy errors.
ntoskrnl.exe
Dial-a-fix came up with these errors below.
C:\WINNT\system32\wups.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\wups2.dll
I have tried to reregister some files that helped others by doing the following….
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuweb.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups2.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng.dll
regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuapi.dll
but it has not worked either.
Here is the previous thread to list all of my logs
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Random_errors_t97336.html
thank you in advance for everything, you all are awesome!