This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Proper Protocol

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I posted a problem on the Hijack page about 1130 pm CST on 8/4. I have not gotten a response yet, which is fine if it will be addressed at some point. I read Galadriel's post somewhere indicating not to worry, that everyone's issues will be addressed at some point. However, when I look back through the message board, I see that there have been many problems that still have not been addressed from as far back as September of 2003. So, is it considered breaking protocol to continue to post the problem over and over until it gets answered or just wait? I am not trying to be a weenie, I just would like to get my computer fixed and this seems to be the best site to do this. I have followed a lot of the advice given to other people to try to fix things, but of course it does not completely work, but it has likely changed my Hijacked log. I am more than happy to donate if that is an issue….but at the some time I would like my problem fixed. :unsure:
I have replied to your original post. Due to the volume of posts, and the fact that all who offer assistance do so on a voluntary basis, occaisionally posts do get overlooked. In that case it's best to "bump" (reply to your own post with a "bump" message) to force it back to the top so it can be "noticed" again. Patience is a virtue. :)
OK, thank you. I will go and see what you recommended for me, now, and I appreciate it quite a bit. I have no problem what so ever waiting as long as I know that I will eventually be helped, but it just seemed that, based on what I could see, there were many who did not get their questions answered and I did not wish to seem rude by continually posting the same problem over and over.