veggiv
Topic Starter
I'm sorry, I hope I'm doing this right.
I was running a search for a file, and found a file I'd never seen before. (msxml4-kb927978-en) & (3bffdf7186fe564fa74)
I did get a pop up a few days ago that looked totally legit, so I yes'd it, as it said it was an update from the Microsoft/AOL program to fix connectivity problems, which I was having.
I have been able to sign on easier, and stay connected, but it's only been a day or two, who knows what is to follow.
I've tried using the Hijack this scan, but I'm unsure as to which items to fix or not fix.
I may have done a boo boo, it said to clear the ignore items, which I did, and thought they'd reappear on the next scan, which they didn't.
My computer has started giving me minor problems, and I hope to fix them before they become BIG problems.
I run Trend PCCillen Internet Security, as well as Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, Spywareblaster and CCleaner.
I did run Windows Defender, but then read you have to disable your Antivirus in order to run it, which I may be confused about, after reading one of your other posts.
Please HELP! :-)
Thanks….Veggiv