This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 11 copying files from external HD

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just got a new computer with windows 11.  I am trying to copy my files from my external hard drive to the new computer.  When I drag and try to drop I get the red circle with line through it.  How am I supposed to copy my files?  Is there a way to fix the drag and drop that I don't know about?

  I am trying to copy my files from my external hard drive to the new computer. 

 

 

What type of files are you trying to copy.

 

What OS was running on the computer that you originally saved the data from.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI