This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox will not start up.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I serious do not know what happened… I uninstalled QuickTime and iTunes, and then the problem began. When I was uninstalled QuickTime it told me that it had to close my browsers…

:unsure:
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3

I would appreciate any help.
-
I've also atttempted to rename the desktop icon, but no fruit. Internet Explorer works thought, but all my bookmarks and passwords are kept in Firefox.

I also started Task Manager. When I doubled-click and executed Firefox, there was the Firefox on the Task Manager, how it disappeared one second later.
It's like it jumped out and disappeared.

I don't know what is causing it.

Comodo Pro prompts me of Firefox attempting to connect to the Internet, but nothing happens after that (like after I click "Allow").

Edit: I am not sure if reinstalling it might help…
And I can't afford to uninstall and install again, because that will destroy all my bookmarks and passwords.
Hi drragostea, The reason Quicktime/Itunes told you all the browsers were to be closed …….it could not uninstall with them open. Have you done a System Restore back to before you encountered your problem? kind regards

I don't know what is causing it.
Edit: I am not sure if reinstalling it might help…
And I can't afford to uninstall and install again, because that will destroy all my bookmarks and passwords.

Yes, the browsers were closed.

I have not tried to do a System Restore, but what good would that do? :wacko:
Edit: The Firefox process will stay on as long as the Comodo prompt is active…
I did a System Restore but no avail. Hrm. I've also attempted to uninstall Mozilla Firefox, but it told me that Firefox had to be closed. It's like something is hiding Firefox or hindering it from starting. - Sorry for the troubles… all the minor problems always get fixed… so fast. T.T I had to reinstall Firefox over the current one. Guess that resolved the problem. I hope this might help others. Thanks "tallin".
So you just left the "corrupt" firefox on and re-installed and then it worked? Did you get to keep your bookmarks? And for future reference, you can uninstall FF and keep your bookmarks, there's a prompt for it ;)
Erm, Thanks tallin, but I already know how to Uninstall and perform a System Restore (it's baby work to me), but thanks for the support. I appreciate it. Well, I think something was wrong, like Firefox was missing "something" so it couldn't even start up… I had the latest Firefox executable in a folder, so I executed from there. I was unable to uninstall Firefox because it told me that it was already running, even though it was not visible on the Task Manager.

Erm, Thanks tallin, but I already know how to Uninstall and perform a System Restore (it's baby work to me), but thanks for the support. I appreciate it.
Well, I think something was wrong, like Firefox was missing "something" so it couldn't even start up…
I had the latest Firefox executable in a folder, so I executed from there. I was unable to uninstall Firefox because it told me that it was already running, even though it was not visible on the Task Manager.

Vectris,

Vectris wrote:I have not tried to do a System Restore, but what good would that do?

Sorry to have posted wrongly regarding Systems Restore, but your text in the quote above prompted me to do so.

I have had an ISP problem today, so apologies for this late reply, but I am up and running again now.

I hope all your other problems are sorted out, feel free to post back if you need additional assistance.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI