Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to Verify if Website is Genuine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Travel, running, cycling, gym,

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

Whenever I try to access a secure website via AOL, and I wish to verify that the website is genuine by clicking twice on the small gold padlock in the right hand corner, the verification window will not open. However, if I access the website via Firefox I can access the authentification window. I asked AOL about this and they said: "open Internet explorer and click on tools and click on Internet options and click on advanced tab and then under security uncheck the option verify the publishers certificate and hit OK" I did this but it did not work. Has anyone any idea what the problem is? THANKS

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:56 AM

Hi, Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I was waiting for a member who might have a deep and broad understanding of AOL to reply to you. I'm afaraid that all I can say is that AOL is not just an ISP but a whole "environment" and you really need to get AOL to advise you as there are so many avenues that otherwise need to be addressed that it would take until next Christmas to explore them all! The best advice I can give is to persevere with the AOL helpdesk until they come up with the answer. Sorry Ican't offer more help. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate