This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to Verify if Website is Genuine

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Whenever I try to access a secure website via AOL, and I wish to verify that the website is genuine by clicking twice on the small gold padlock in the right hand corner, the verification window will not open. However, if I access the website via Firefox I can access the authentification window. I asked AOL about this and they said: "open Internet explorer and click on tools and click on Internet options and click on advanced tab and then under security uncheck the option verify the publishers certificate and hit OK" I did this but it did not work. Has anyone any idea what the problem is? THANKS
Hi, Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I was waiting for a member who might have a deep and broad understanding of AOL to reply to you. I'm afaraid that all I can say is that AOL is not just an ISP but a whole "environment" and you really need to get AOL to advise you as there are so many avenues that otherwise need to be addressed that it would take until next Christmas to explore them all! The best advice I can give is to persevere with the AOL helpdesk until they come up with the answer. Sorry Ican't offer more help. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI