Would someone PLEASE tell us new members just what the criteria for being able to edit our profiles are? I haven't been able to find anything about this, even though I've sent a couple of emails to the admin.
It's always easier to follow rules and/or live up to expectations when we know what they are. The basic rules are clearly stated (no flames, be clean, etc.) but the matter of our profiles is a big question mark. <_<
I could understand if newcomers' profile changes were reviewed for compliance with reasonable standards before being posted, but being totally locked out without being told ahead of time is perplexing (and more than a bit frustrating). We're in the dark about what's expected, and when, and when we'll be let out into the sunshine. This could be a good subject for the FAQs.
I for one would appreciate having the various membership categories enumerated, and the criteria for each spelled out so we could see where we stand. I spent 23 years in military service, and one nice thing we had was knowing where we stood on the promotion list.
Thanks for reading.