This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problems with charging Toshiba

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

My Toshiba Satellite has suddenly got problems charging, It can charge al fine, when the computer is turned off.

When I turn the computer on, the charging light starts blinking.

 

I had the battery out and pressed the power button 30 seconds, because it was recommended on some forum, but it hasn't

changed anything. I guess the charger itself and the battery must be okay, as it works when the computer is off?

 

Thank you for any help, you can offer

Jens

Red for not charging.

There has been some development since then,though. For the last week, I could have the computer on and use it only for not demanding work, and if it was fully charged, it would keep on charging, while the computer was on. For, say,streaming films and such, it would start blinking, indicating, that it

wasn't charging. I then had to turn off the computer, and charge it up.

It was like that until yesterday - then it began to be possible also to do streaming, without it starting blinking, and at the end of last

night it was charging fully normally, and I could use the computer without limitations and still be charging it up. while doing so.

It is confusing, but I'm of course very happy about this development.

So for now it seems, my problems are over.

If anything changes in the next couple of days, I'll post.

 

Many thanks for your reply

Jens

Well, it was a bit too early to celebrate.Today it went back to blinking.

Some forums on the internet suggest, that it's the charger, not being able to provide enough power to

both charge and run the computer.

 

Jens

Could be… but my gut feeling is it's your battery.

 

If you shut it off, let the battery fully charge… how long will it run on battery only?

I'd have lost had we bet… but charger is cheaper than battery (usually) so if you had to pick one… that's the right one.

 

Glad you got it sorted. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI