A few months ago my original laptop charger for my Inspiron 1525 stopped working. No matter what outlet I would put it in, it would not charge my laptop, and eventually, it died from the lack of juice.
So, once this happened I went out and bought a multi-use charger from Walmart to see if maybe it would work since I blew a lot on it.
Turns out, all this charger does is keep the laptop "on" when plugged in, but once again, no charge to it.
Now, is this a battery problem or a charging problem?
Can anyone help me?
Laptop only getting AC Power now
3 min read
A few months ago my original laptop charger for my Inspiron 1525 stopped working. No matter what outlet I would put it in, it would not charge my laptop, and eventually, it died from the lack of juice.
So, once this happened I went out and bought a multi-use charger from Walmart to see if maybe it would work since I blew a lot on it.
Turns out, all this charger does is keep the laptop "on" when plugged in, but once again, no charge to it.
Now, is this a battery problem or a charging problem?
Can anyone help me?
Hard to say, If the battery is bad, then yes it will not charge, best way to test that if you could or know someone who has a battery that has the same spec to let you use to see if it charges and if it does then it will be the battery.
Now as far as the rest the other tech's here may have a way of telling you how to test the charger connection into the dc jack to see if it's allowing you to charge the battery, I have seen this problem in the past before where the little needle like pin inside the dc plug in jack has broken off or not making good contact.
Jimbo
Hard to say, If the battery is bad, then yes it will not charge, best way to test that if you could or know someone who has a battery that has the same spec to let you use to see if it charges and if it does then it will be the battery.
Now as far as the rest the other tech's here may have a way of telling you how to test the charger connection into the dc jack to see if it's allowing you to charge the battery, I have seen this problem in the past before where the little needle like pin inside the dc plug in jack has broken off or not making good contact.
Jimbo
Ok I'll try and see if it works with my friend's battery and charger to see what if any of that will work.
What's a DC jack?
Hard to say, If the battery is bad, then yes it will not charge, best way to test that if you could or know someone who has a battery that has the same spec to let you use to see if it charges and if it does then it will be the battery.
Now as far as the rest the other tech's here may have a way of telling you how to test the charger connection into the dc jack to see if it's allowing you to charge the battery, I have seen this problem in the past before where the little needle like pin inside the dc plug in jack has broken off or not making good contact.
Jimbo
Ok I'll try and see if it works with my friend's battery and charger to see what if any of that will work.
What's a DC jack?
What's a DC jack? - it's where you plug in your charger into the labtop they call that the dc jack.
But yes try your friends battery in your labtop to see if it's charging, then you will know the battery is bad and would let you know that the dc jack is ok..
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI