This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Power problem. wont charge. battery is good

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop is will not charge properly. its a Vaio pcg-tr3ap The battery is old but still good. The laptop will not run with the battery out for more than 3 seconds. Has been making a weird squeaking noise when plugged in for about 1 - 2 months but problem only started yesterday. Adapter looks fine but I don't know what the squeaking is about. I carry it around and it gets banged up so I'm sure many things are loose inside it but I don't know what. >battery charges when laptop is off >cannot install Power Management software. error shows up
Sounds like a bad power adapter. It is not supplying enough power and is failing when the laptop is on. Check Ebay for a replacement. Should cost you about $20-$30. Is the squeaking coming from the laptop or the power adapter?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI