This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Constantly Blinking Power Button Light

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Evening everyone, I have just a small problem hopefully with my Toshiba laptop. The laptop works fine but the power button light keeps blinking constantly. What can I do to take care of this problem? Thank You! :P
According to the user manual, page 110:

If the AC power light flashes amber during charging, either the battery pack is malfunctioning, or it is not receiving correct input from the AC Power.


A battery problem was my initial though, this might confirm that idea. You may need to get a replacement battery. How old is the laptop/battery? You could also try wiping the connections with a clean cloth and see if that helps. Most laptop batteries also have power meters on the batteries themselves, check that as well.

The following appears to be your battery:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.t…amp;poid=289680

You can probably find a cheaper one by searching for the part number (PA3400U-1BRS) with a search engine.

Regards,

Ax
Ax, Thank you so much for advice, I didn't even think of looking at the manual :( I've had this battery for a couple years now so maybe it's time to buy a new one, I'll try searching for a new one online. I really appreciate your help, thanks again! :D
You're welcome, sometimes it's hard knowing where to start looking for a resolution. I would agree that a new battery might be a good investment for you. The manual also gives instructions on how to get the most life out of your battery. It was a pleasure helping you! Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI