This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Smart Phone Notebook app easily copied to computer?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I use a Notepad on my Samsung J6 to help my memory but as with normal "Things to do lists" the things grow but that's my lack of discipline.  I also use the notepad to take a record of ideas I have when I'm writing something and regrettable they also grow.  In my technical naivety I  thought that all I had to do to copy a note from my SP to my PC would be to do the same as I do with photographs, bung a Data Cable in between the SP and PC and it would whoosh through but it won't work that way and the only ways I have been told about are to complicated.

So, does anyone know of an App that will allow me a quick smart way to copy notes from a SP to a PC?     

I use Microsofts Onenote.  Notes are saved in notebooks on Onedrive.  Notebooks, and their notes, appear on whatever device you want to share them on.  Your phone, your laptop, your desktop, your spouses phone… whatever.

Many thanks for Microsofts Onenote which looks good to me but I'm afraid that I'm a technical incompetent so could you please tell me how I install it.  Do I download it to my Desktop and if so how to I get it to connect to my Smart Phone

First off, you need a microsoft account.  You get one of those by setting up a onedrive account.  Here is a pretty good tutorial for that:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/video-sign-in-or-create-an-account-for-onedrive-personal-6c63b4e3-c92f-4f52-80e2-237c798cec1e?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

 

Now download the app to your phone and to your desktop.  When you run them you will be asked for your microsoft account. Just give them the credentials (username and password) that you used to set up onedrive.  Onenote will sync to this account so the same information will be available on whichever device you are using.

 

Give it a go.  If you get confused, post back and I'll try to give you more specific instructions.

Evernote is also another option. If you have a Google account you can use Keep and access your notes so long as you have Internet connection.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI