This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

transferring programs from computer.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am about to receive a new laptop computer to replace my desktop. I was hoping sombody could tell me if I can take the Microsoft Office Word and Excel and other programs from my deskptop using a memory stick and then reload it into my new laptop and if so, how do I don this. Many thanks. storkl 12
No. You will have to freshly install Microsoft Office Word and Excel and other programs from their original installation/setup media(CD)
Yes

Put your PC in your pocket and use it anywhere, anytime! Create a virtual clone of your PC, including operating system, drivers and settings, all your applications and files. Save it to a USB hard drive and use it on another computer, just as if you're working from your own PC.
Continue using your old PC’s applications in a virtual environment. Programs, files and user settings are transferred automatically with zero user downtime, so you can quickly enjoy your favorite applications in a virtual environment on your new computer.
Brand freeware
Paragon Go Virtual

download

arTech
Interesting arTech. Had not heard of that one before. Requires VMWare or Oracle VirtualBox or XP Mode (on Windows 7). The new laptop will have Win 7 on it so XP Mode is available for free, so it would be interesting to see what it does. I may give this a try with my old XP Pro system I run my Web server with, just to see what happens. Thanks.