This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

no files and folders

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Because I have no Files and folders I found a word pad app but it is awkward to use.

I need to have something I can put notes on like a Windows file and keep it off line from others to see like I do with my Windows 8.1.

I have tried to master Drive on the phone but it masers me. The desktop drive is easy but th phone drive causes me to lose files and I cannot seem to keep a file on the phone not the drive even when I slide the little button that says "keep on device."

Corrections/suggestions appreciated. 

Actually that is a great recommendation except that it is could based and I found no way to "save to" internal or SD card. I di like the way it presented Word and how easily it is to use.

Thank you.

Because it does not yet write within the SD card I will wait for the up dated version.
With a little work, Docs to Go is doing the job.It needs a work around but gets it done.
I will be looking at Libre when it is out of beta and once again, thank you.

sorry my mistake, i misread it, thought it said libra office supports writing to sd cards and not that it was coming in future editions.

 

:popcorn:

no apologies necessary as you have always been very helpful. I will look at libre in the future and in the meanwhile Docs to Go is doing the job

sorry my mistake, i misread it, thought it said libra office supports writing to sd cards and not that it was coming in future editions.

 

:popcorn:

I made a mistake as Docs to Go is stuck in pre Lollipop days and also has trouble with external media.

I would use the MS Office Suite but it is the same as Drive and Docs so I would be using up storage unless it would reside, upon installation, on the external card. It would be a duplication for Google's Drive and Docs.

Drive is so easy on the desktop but not on the phone. I find myself losing what I need and discovering what I do not want, on the phone.

It is hard for me to get used to Android having used MS for so long. However, I am resigning myself to using Drive and Docs hoping practice will make it easier.

Btw, do you understand the meaning of post # 8? Is this like children saying, "ya ya ya ya ya ya!?" I don't get it. I am not obsessed with moving to the SD card as millions convinced Google to reverse its stand. Maybe it is code. :notworthy:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI