This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help--unable to install os

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have discussed various problems since win10  updates.This time,when switched on this morning it  said no operating system found. Boot sequence will continue and then simply did not boot.

 

I gave up and used Killdisck to erase the hdd.Idea was to install win7 and then think about upgrade to win 10. I had used the same method on lenevo thinkcentre (old) to install win7.That is where I am writing this post.

 

After killdisk finished I tried to install win7, I get the message,  Active Partition not Found and nothing gets installed.I m

now lost.  What shall I do?

 

Please  Help

 

PS.The thinkceter  was refurbished and win10 installed in Singapore!!!! as of no commercial value and then sold to me

by a pc retailer in Amsterdam  Holland.I am using it now with  Win7.

 

pc in trouble is  Lenevo  K450,  i5  nvidea graphicks card.

The plot thickens!!!!

 

I put in  Ubuntu 18-10 disk in and it installed!!! Did not complain about the state of partition.

 

I failed to make head and tail of ubuntu. So I booted with the  Win7 cd and it started to install. While still

in  Collecting info—- it said device driver for cd media or something like it and asked me to withdraw the

cd  and insert disk with the driver. It declared that the installation disk did not have the driver.

 

Now.This is the same disk that I bought a week after buying this pc,to remove win8 that it came with.It

did not ask for any Drivers,  just installed and worked fine till I made the mistake to upgrade to Win 10.

 

What am I to do?

 

Someone please help.

Amazing.

 

I made another try without luck. So I tried Mintlinux.

 

After putting  in the disk I saw at the top of screen  "Firmware Bug" and lots of other words.

 

mint paused and then installed without further problems.It was not easier than ubuntu.

 

In absolute frustration I tried win7 disk again—–it installed. Updated sp1 etc but then

something happened to Update which I had never read about in any forum. I am going to start a new topic for that

 

"Update Problems". Do read it—-very interesting.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI