This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bluetooth speaker connecting problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

I bought a Toshiba TI30982400B recently, running Windows 8, and wanted to connect a bluetooth loudspeaker to it.

But trying to add it as a device, the computer doesn´t find it. I have bluetooth turned on, and likewise sharing.

My mobile phone finds the speaker without problems. Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong?

 

Jens

Hi, I tried to look up my data sheets for the Toshiba model you quoted (Toshiba TI30982400B)  to see if that model shipped with Bluetooth included, however I could not find a data sheet for it and there was nothing in the Index either…

 

Can you check please the exact make and model number and let us know the full description given on the computer and hopefully we should be able to find its specification.

Regards

paws

Hi, thanks

 

Well, it seems that the computer actually has recognized the device - I found it in the device manager. But it doesn´t appear in the list of playback devices.

And once I tried to connect, it actually did, albeit interrupted and halfheartedly, and in the end dropped out. I will seek out the information, though..

OK all understood thanks,

These sort of problems are sometimes caused by driver issues, If you delete the bluetooth in Device Manager and then reboot your computer there's a fair chance that Windows will be able to find the correct driver when you restart the computer.

Anyway this would be a good starting point.

Let us know how things go Regards

paws

I uninstalled the speakers, and restarted the computer. It still doesn't find them. They are back again in the device manager though. When I have connected the speakers to my mobile phone, the computer recognizes that device and then I can navigate from the computer on, say, Spotify.. Weird

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI