Hi.
I have purchased, just yesterday, a Samsung YP-S3 mp3 player. The problem I have is that the pc doesnt recognise this as connected, so consequently I can't move any files to it.
I have tried the suggestions made on here by another who said to update windows media player, which I did, in addition to going into the control panel and under audio devices doing some changes there too. Neither of these options has worked. Has anyone else had the same problem I've got and overcome it?
Failing this, I will take it back to the store for a refund and get a different player.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Stueey
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
The usual diagnostic steps in these situations are;
1 Try the player in different ports on your machinefront/back etc
2 If no joy then try the player in someone elses machine…….
3 If it works in another machine then you know the player is Ok so no point in taking it back to the shop
4 if it works in someones elses machine but not in yours then post back for the diagnostic steps required.
5 I it doesn't work in other (kown to be correctly configured machines) then its back to the shop for a refund!
Regards
paws
Paws has given you excellent advice, but if it was mine due to the problem we had attempting to assist in the above thread, I would take it back and select another player.
Paws has given you excellent advice, but if it was mine due to the problem we had attempting to assist in the above thread, I would take it back and select another player.
best regards,
Yes I was. I have even contacted Samsung help direct, who advise they dont use samsung media suite anymore but emodio instead. I downloaded their stuff and was told the mp3 player would automatically be detected. Not!
It does the same thing in my laptop, so its not the port that is at fault here. The driver needed for it, isn't installed and I can't seem to find it anywhere either.
Another Solution is, when you turn the mp3 around, there should be a reset button. Push it it a safety pin, or whatever else that can fit in there, and see if the mp3 works. Do this after the steps the other guy told you. If it doesn't work, return it to the store.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI