This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bluetooth

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I lost Bluetooth when I installed Win 8 after Win 7 in which it worked perfectly. Please see the attachment and let me know if this is what I should download to get it back. The advisor said it was incompatible with Win 8.Does that mean I need a dongle and new software or can I use this? Is there any configuration where I run compatibility? I vaguely remember running some compatibility tool but forgot where. Thank you
I think entering the phone number may work with the referral you gave. Thanks for those which I have to read over. Further, I gave you my desktop not realizing it probably does not have BT. This is what the specs say that came with my laptop: Dell wireless, DW 365, BT v2.1 + Edr. I realize this is for Win 7 so, am I forcing an issue to try to get BT for Win 8 because the driver won't work or is there a compatibility procedure I can do with the seven driver that makes it work with Win 8? Is getting a dongle with software a better idea? I would like to have it for the laptop but have no idea what I am doing, obviously.
I did read about the Dell drivers.
I did not know if I should click on Win 8 because that may be for pcs that came with Win 8 and they need that driver.

The switch was either the key on the keyboard, or in the BIOS, F2, but there was no single BT switch. It said ALL so I kept that so the others would continue to work.

MS had an article that said, "If the above does not work on your pc, you may have to wait until the appropriate driver is offered."
I am not holding my breath.

When the advisor said BT would not be compatible I think it meant it.

I tried so many options but had to recover with Macrium.

Don't think I do not appreciate your help as I certainly do.

BTW, to keep programs to a minimum I have discontinued the registry backup we used, Tweak. Have you?
If you run Windows 8, you need Windows 8 drivers. I don't use Tweaking.com Registry Backup any more either. System Restore and Acronis give me all I need.
Below is the link to the driver. When I tried to install it, it kept telling me, in step one of 4, to turn Bluetooth on. I looked in the BIOS and only saw 'network'.
I clicked the keyboard switch for network on and off.
I had Bluetooth with Win 7 so the card must be there but maybe not Bluetooth.
I thought you might want to see the driver link below.
I am not going to pursue this but I wanted to show you what had been done.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum…8.aspx#20257808

Acronis licenses don't expire, but only Acronis 2013 work with Windows 8, which is what I have.



>That is correct; I have 2010 so could not apply it to Win 8, only 7. I miss 'Try and decide'.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI