This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows shutting down entire laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

I have Asus laptop and had it for about 9 years, I know its time to lay it to rest, but it worked just fine until I borrowed it to a friend. He rendered videos, the laptop was running a 3D programs before. I'm not sure if he ever has done anything else with it, but any command given it shuts down immediately, it starts normally. Now I made it run in safe mode but I cant use some of the software. My question is if its Windows problem or it's completely fried?

Windows 8, dual core, intel, G-force, 4 RAM

Try using Clean Boot to determine what is causing the problems:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Scroll down and expand the Windows 8 and 8.1 section. If your computer works okay in a Clean Boot environment then start adding back programs to start when you boot until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Ztruker thanx for the advice Ill try that

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI