My laptop's disk usage stays 100% most of the time, even when no program is opened. When I turn on it starts with 100%, then slowly comes down to 0% after a few minutes. When I open chrome, android studio, photoshop, or any game it climb to 100%. Even opening image or mp3 file makes it reach 100%. The weird thing is system never goes above 1.5-2MB/s. I've tried disabling superfetch, windows search and a few more things that I've seen on youtube and some forums but none of them worked. I've tried scanning whole system with windows defender, scanned with malwarebytes and defragmented all disks but still this didn't solved the problem. My laptop is very slow and it's so annoying.Can anyone help me out. I'll really appreciate.
Download and run CrystalDisk info standard edition from here
Run the program, grab any screenshots and attach to your next reply for us.
To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start…all programs…accessories…paint….left click in the white area …press CTRL + V…click on file…click on save…save it to your desktop…name it something related to the screen your capturing… BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG …otherwise it may be to big to upload… then after typing in any response you have… click on browse…desktop…find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button…then on the lower left…after it says upload successful…click on add reply like you normally would.
Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.
Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.
To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:
In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.
Okay I'll try that but I have a question. Whenever I open chrome, multiple instances starts to run on my pc. And svchost.exe has more than 20 instances running all the time. Is it normal?? Check the screenshots below.
Whenever I open chrome, multiple instances starts to run on my pc. And svchost.exe has more than 20 instances running all the time. Is it normal??
Completely normal, for Chrome take a look at the screenshot of my notebooks Task Manager and for svchost.exe at your Speccy report and you will see that they are listed there and that they are different services.
Apologies Mr stark, I should have suggested that you make sure that you have everything backed up and preferably an image of the present C: drive at least, you can use Macrium Reflect (free) for this, do this and then run the HDD tests.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI