http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
In offline mode, Interactive installation
Nothing happens, only the process hangs in the Task Manager
Disconnected the firewall, antivirus, checked for damage installer I also tried to start the installation in safe mode, but nothing comes out
windows 7 64-bit
I want to install java version 8
I also tried to start the installation in safe mode, but nothing comes out
btw, I don't think the version your trying to install is this latest.
WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
Please read this article about Java.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software. In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to disable Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)
If you do need to keep Java then download JavaRa Run the programme and select Remove Java Runtime. Uninstall all versions of Java present Once done then run it again and select Update Java run time ; Download and install Latest version.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
I agree with Juliet completely. I uninstalled Java a couple years ago and have not run into one program that needs it.
Understand if you do find a program that needs it, you will be prompted to install it. Windows definitely does not need it. And I know of no security program or browser that needs Java. So no harm will come to your system if you uninstall it. Instead, your computer will become and remain more secure.
Ah, I understand. Yeah, the fear of breaking things, or making things worse, sadly, stops many users from making beneficial changes to their systems. I note many companies exploit this "human trait". Norton and McAfee are good examples. They've worked out deals (conspired?) with many computer makers to preinstall their security suites on new computers then IMO use scare tactics to intimidate users into thinking if they uninstall those programs after the trial period and go with Windows Defender or another option that they will no longer be safe and secure. So the users, fearful of getting infected, cough up the cash - (year after year! ) .
Anyway, I am glad you overcame your doubts and now without regrets.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI