Does anyone have an opinion about this and if good where is a good download site?
Geswall
2 min read
To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been updated in 6 or 7 years. Also, it is not 64 bit compatible. I believe it won't work with windows 8 or newer.
That being said, that is just what I've read and I have no personal experience with it.
I did not investigate well; I will look for an alterative and thank you.
I am seeing a 64-bit version here, but as Tom notes, it looks like it has not been updated in many years, with the last supported Windows being W7 which came out in 2009. But I don't see the point of this. What are you looking for? And please tell us what OS?
I saw that at their site… but I read the whole thing: ![]()
GeSWall Freeware 64-bitGeSWall is intrusion prevention system that is non-intrusive and easy to use.
Requirements
64-bit OS: Windows Windows Vista, Windows 7.
RAM: 512 MB
Disk space: 10 MB
No download link and the statement "Not yet available" indicated the reason why. ![]()
I saw a video while surfing and thought, at the time, it was an good way to add protection. I was wrong and my Win 10 x 64 Pro is fine with Windows a/v and firewall combined with MBAM and behind a router.
I apologize for not doing more research about that program.
We forgive you… but because you posted the following:
… I was wrong …
You will be expected to supply a dozen apple fritters for our next meeting. ![]()
You are a good guy, Tom.
… but I read the whole thing:
…the statement "Not yet available" indicated the reason why.
Yeah, I did not even see "Not yet available". That said, many programs are still 32-bit only and that is not normally a problem since 32-bit runs fine in 64-bit operating systems. Still, I think these days it reflects a bit of laziness, or lack of concern by the developer when no 64-bit versions are available because, by a very wide margin, more 64-bit versions of Windows are being installed these days. Even more and more tablets use 64-bit.
My main concern is it appears there has been no work on this program in several years. For a security program, that is unacceptable. Even if no actual code changes are needed for compatibility with new operating systems, the documentation needs to be updated to reflect the most recent compatible OS or else it appears the program has been abandoned.
And this one seems to have been abandoned. So even if I was still running with W7, I would not consider using this program.
Mmmmm. Apple fritters. ![]()
You are a good guy, Tom.
And you are obviously a gentleman of extraordinary discernment. Alot of people miss that fact. It's really rather subtle.
Go ahead. Tell your friends. Show them how sophisticated you are. ![]()
He's extremely modest and humble too. ![]()
Just be sure to "save your rings and watches" (raise hands over your heads) and wear your waders.
And 20,020 posts! Wow!
![]()
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI