This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Reliable Places?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

http://www.processlibrary.com
Am wondering about this site and if anyone recommends it or not. My hubby saw a link for it on Yahoo this morning and I'm not about to download anything until I know it's cool.

Don't need something that loads of bunch of it's own malware, so I want some opinions please.
I didn't do any background check on this site, which does appear to resemble a familiar site that provides information for checking legitimate/illegitamate system and application files.

But my response to you is "why bother"?

When I am investigating my StartUp files, or checking on a specific possibly suspicious file…. I use Google, which will link references to several "process checking sites" like www.liutilities.com, www.neuber.com, www.symantec.com, or castlecops.com. I find it an advantage to receive more than one recommendation to confirm information I would use in making a decision.

If I were to use a single source, I like either of these guides:

http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/browse.php?l=1

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm


Best Regards
:D My thoughts exactly! Between HiJackThis, Spybots S&D and LavaSoft Ad-Aware there is usually enough info to figure it out, but it's nice to know there are sites that will help explain some of the running processes better. Thanks for the links.