My old desktop turns up but doesn't run the OS. I tried to disassemble it, and fact is that I disconnected the CPU, the HD and the RAM card and it does not sound no continuous beep…!
Sorry I can't give enough details on my desktop configuration; I used to know it by heart but it's been my "sidekick" now (I use a Intel i3 3.06 GHz equipped with a Kronnus motherboard), but surely don't want to waste it now. Please tell me it's alright , or at least that it has a good chance to go.
Do you mean that the computer would not boot into Windows.
I tried to disassemble it, and fact is that I disconnected the CPU, the HD and the RAM card
What do you mean by disconnected.
and it does not sound no continuous beep…!
Does the computer normally beep when it boots into Windows.
Sorry I can't give enough details on my desktop configuration; I used to know it by heart but it's been my "sidekick" now (I use a Intel i3 3.06 GHz equipped with a Kronnus motherboard),
We will need to know the exact motherboard, CPU, RAM and any add on video card details before we will be able to safely help you.
Do you mean that the computer would not boot into Windows.
- - It's not booting to Windows AND it doesn't show the motherboard manufacturer logo, the EnergyStar Ally logo, etc, in the dark screen PRIOR to booting to Windows.
I tried to disassemble it, and fact is that I disconnected the CPU, the HD and the RAM card
What do you mean by disconnected.
- - I mean I opened up the desktop case, unplugged the CPU power cord, did the same to the HD and took the RAM memory card out of the slot.
and it does not sound no continuous beep…!
Does the computer normally beep when it boots into Windows.
- - Normally, yes, it sounds a beep "once" before it boots to Windows. But I learned that it must sound a continuous beep when all the peripherals I unplugged/disconnected are not in there place; as I told you, it is not actually sounding no continuous beep now…
Sorry I can't give enough details on my desktop configuration; I used to know it by heart but it's been my "sidekick" now (I use a Intel i3 3.06 GHz equipped with a Kronnus motherboard),
We will need to know the exact motherboard, CPU, RAM and any add on video card details before we will be able to safely help you.
- - I would appreciate every help you may give me to find and tell you these details, because my little knowledge of computer maintenance doesn't allow me to inform you of such now!
- I mean I opened up the desktop case, unplugged the CPU power cord, did the same to the HD and took the RAM memory card out of the slot.
Not sure who advised you to disconnect the CPU power cord but that is totally wrong and initially there is no need to disconnect the HDD.
On a MB that has an onboard speaker when you are not getting any display at all, the idea is to remove just the RAM and then power up the computer, if you then get error beeps it suggests that the problem is after the RAM has been tested as part of the POST with the graphics being tested next, error beeps and no display commonly means a problem with the graphics solution and that the RAM is ok.
If you get no error beeps on a MB with an onboard speaker when the RAM is removed it means that the problem is before the RAM is tested as part of the post with the PSU and MB being bad the two most common causes, fwiw, MBs are more prone to failure than CPUs.
The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect any attached hardware such as the keyboard and printer etc, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket, press the case power button for 10 seconds or so to get rid of any residual charge in the system, remove the side of the case, be sure to take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case or the PSU.
I suggest that you reconnect the CPU ATX power supply and the HDD, leave out the RAM, power up the computer and see if you get any error beeps.
Thank you very much for your willingness, don't give up on me!
Things *appear* to have resolved them for themselves and I don't freaking know why! I have never see something like this happen since I last opened up a desktop's case. And that's been a while.
I assembled my pc all up again and forgot it, and then one day asked a friend of mine for help - just because he happens to be there and knows computers better then me -, and before our very eyes this machine just runs as smoothly as ever.
I think that's what we could call a perfect example of "technician-dread-syndrome", the illness that affects desktops who meet instantaneous cure when behold someone that knows its secrets very well.
Thanks again for your support, sorry for the long gap, hope you still find enough motivation to help us, despite these minor… things.