This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem since upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ever since I did the free upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7, I've had a recurring issue. When I leave the computer idle for awhile, when I come back, the keypad won't work and I have to restart. There has got to be a fix for this, because I know other people have had this same problem. can anybody help?

 

Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop
Pentium dual core
64 bit

Win 10 (upgraded from 7)

 

I've got no good advice for you.  I was basically taking a shot in the dark.

 

It sounds like something running in the background crashes, causing things to lock up.  I've heard of similar problems with people had their computers set to sleep instead of hibernate, but they were not necessarily Windows 10 systems.

 

Hopefully someone with better knowledge will stop by and offer a better solution. :scratch:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI