This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Issue after upgrading Windows from 8.1 to 10

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have the following issue after upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10
 
Scenario:
  • The computer is running Windows 10.
  • The computer’s power button and option under On/Off in Start menu is configured so that it can be used to hibernate the computer.  
  • The computer enters hibernation.
  • I press the power button to resume the computer from hibernation.
  • The computer fires up (hard disk, fan etc.) but the screen dims, only contoures of open apps can vaguely be seen. 
I had no problems with this when Win 8.1 was installed.
 
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

No, the computer fires up in seconds with bright screen from sleep mode. I have been looking for a fix all over the internet all day today but could not find any solution. I have however realized that there are a lot of people facing similar issues after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10. I thought Windows would have fixed bugs and issues by now, but obviously it is not the case …

Thanks Ztrucker, but fast startup requires that hibernate be disabled, doesn't it?

Yes, it does. The point to disabling Fast Startup is to see if it's causing the problem you are having.

 

You can also turn off Hibernate if you want, just enter powercfg -h off from a Elevated Command Prompt.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI