This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Greetings from new member

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, Have read here for quite awhile and decided to join. Am a 70 year old female, fairly computer savvy. Have owned a computer since Christmas of 1995. Got it all set up, online and I was immediately hooked. Basic learning came from Window 95 for Dummies book and then from several forums. Most of those forums have since disappeared. Continued with Window 98, XP, Windows 7 and now WIndows 10. Loved them all.

As I said, I have been an active member of multiple forums since almost day 1. I took classes via M.R.U. several years back. I was a Mod at several forums specializing in Malware removal, IANAG, which is no longer online after owner sold it. Also spent time as Malware Removal Mod at DaniWeb. Left there when they changed their policy to allow anyone to give malware removal instructions rather than those familiar with the processes. I now do regular posting and malware assistance removal at several forums, along with general computer assistance.

Hopefully I will be able to offer help and guidance here too. 

Hi notnats and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you'd like to learn to help others with their computer problems, in which case you might think of applying to our Malware Classroom where you'll get expert training.

Whatever you decide, have a good look around and if you don't understand, just ask: the natives are very friendly!!

 

Satchfan
 

Hi notnats and welcome to our forums.

:welcome:

 

fairly computer savvy.

I think you are being unduly modest…

 

Look forward to seeing more of you around our forums. If you need anything just ask

 

A senior administrator who deals with Virus and Spyware Removal admissions will be in touch in a short while

Regards

paws

Hello, nice to meet you!

Hello, Have read here for quite awhile and decided to join. Am a 70 year old female, fairly computer savvy. Have owned a computer since Christmas of 1995. Got it all set up, online and I was immediately hooked. Basic learning came from Window 95 for Dummies book and then from several forums. Most of those forums have since disappeared. Continued with Window 98, XP, Windows 7 and now WIndows 10. Loved them all.

As I said, I have been an active member of multiple forums since almost day 1. I took classes via M.R.U. several years back. I was a Mod at several forums specializing in Malware removal, IANAG, which is no longer online after owner sold it. Also spent time as Malware Removal Mod at DaniWeb. Left there when they changed their policy to allow anyone to give malware removal instructions rather than those familiar with the processes. I now do regular posting and malware assistance removal at several forums, along with general computer assistance.

Hopefully I will be able to offer help and guidance here too.