This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Logitech Mouse and keyboard MK 520 wireless lasar

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

These both have an on and off switch.

I replaced batteries after 2 weeks.

The first tech said to turn them off when not using. The second said not to. if I do that with my mouse my PC awakens.

I had a Dell mouse and changed batteries once a year.

I guess it was optical.

If I want not to change batteries often and not bother with a wire, what should I get?

Is it  optical vs laser? 

TY

Peter

the mouse in that set is optical according to this :- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Combo-MK520-PC/dp/B003ZWL9G4

and should last a year on new batteries. so i'd see if the problem isn't with the mouse and maybe just old rechargeable batteries that may not be holding their charge or old normal batteries that may have lost their charge. even new unused batteries lose charge over time and why you should check the expiration date on them.

 

i've no real recommendations because i don't use any wireless peripherals but this mouse is supposed to last 3 yrs on a pair of batteries and will be compatible with your keyboards usb receiver so you won't need to use the one that comes with it. (or you can use the new usb reciever with both the new mouse and old keyboard.) :- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Marathon-Wireless-Computer-Battery/dp/B003STDR1E/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

 

personally if i was to buy a wireless mouse i'd be looking at a lazer rechargeable (preferably with removable batteries) one with wired capabilities to both use and charge when needed i'd think.

 

see if these reviews help :-

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wireless-mouse/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-wireless-mice/

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/peripherals/what-mouse-10-best-mice-compared-1027809

https://www.cnet.com/topics/peripherals/best-computer-accessories/mice/

 

:popcorn:

I thought is was laser. There is no literature with it. Speccy just says it is HID compliant.

 

Is there a place to see just for curiousity? I thought I kept seeing laser when I was at the sight.

I really am not fussy as long as it works well and it seems to with new batteries.

Thank you for the reply.


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Combo-MK520-PC/dp/B003ZWL9G4

scroll down to the bottom of the link where you will see the comparisons of their sets, mk520 vs mk710 vs mx800

 

notice for the mk520 tracking says optical and battery life says 36 months for keyboard and 12 months for mouse.

the mk710 has laser tracking mouse, and the mx 800 has what they call darkfield which is just laser but with an extra sensor that lets it work on surfaces like glass.

 

 

:popcorn:

Yes, I did find it, thanks. It was well hidden and the only place I've seen it. You would thnk it would be on the box or in some papers within it.You are a good detective.

It runs well and it was the batteries that were old(or used). I got it at Staples closed box, so they say.

Anyway I am happy. I have tons of rechargeables and a quick 4 hour and a 25 hour charger. The new technology enables these 1.2's to last like the 1.5's if you have about 6+ devices; it is a good idea. A few years ago the rechargeables could not do it but the technology has really improved.

I am currently on Duracells to see what happens  w/o involving too many variables..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI