Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

which internet browser are you using?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hey guys! i was using Mozilla firefox which i have replaced with Google Chrome. which one are you using and are you satisfied. is there another better alternative of Chrome?? thanks in advance

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

I use and recommend Firefox for almost all of my online browsing. The only times I use another browser is to use IE 7.0 for Windows updates, and for several government and contract sites that are configured exclusively to be accessed via IE. Browser choice is just that, a choice. Choices should be guided by functionality and security, as well as personal style preference or supposed speed.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

If you intend to use a lot of plug-ins, Firefox is a good choice. The new Opera is a speed demon and is my own personal choice. If you don't mind all your browsing history being collected by Google, Chrome is fast but lacks a lot of set-up flexibility. Safari for Windows is nice but it's bookmark system is messy and frustrating. In the end it comes down to personal choice, likes and dislikes and how you use your browser. I think all browsers have their good and bad points. It's not a big effort to try several out and decide for yourself. Explorer is still needed for updates and it seems to suit some sites well.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#4 Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

I still use Internet Explorer. Despite all the warnings, it's what I'm accustomed to. The older versions were handy for editing HTML based on my system here. Right click, view source, and it opened up in notepad. Couldn't be handier. I use Firefox occasionally but never felt as comfortable with it.

#5 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

Compared to the very popular Firefox, IE8 might be a bit slower, but it has come a long way as far as security is concerned and has nowhere near the vulnerabilities that Firefox has. A lot of people changed to Firefox believing the well circulated myth that it has no security issues..

Application security vendor Cenzic (highly regarded Independent product tester) today released its security trends report for the first half of 2009 application. In it, Cenzic claims that the Mozilla's Firefox browser led the field of Web browsers in terms of total vulnerabilities.

According to Cenzic, Firefox accounted for 44 percent of all browser vulnerabilities reported in the first half of 2009. In contrast, Apple's Safari had 35 percent of all reported browser vulnerability, Microsoft's Internet Explorer was third at 15 percent and Opera had just six percent share.

The 2009 figures stand in contrast to Cenzic's Q3/Q4 2008 report, where IE accounted for 43 percent of all reported Web browser vulnerabilities and Firefox followed closely at 39 percent.

Full story:
http://www.internetn...bility-List.htm

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#6 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

Good info. I've used Internet Explorer for a long time. Basically since Netscape Communicator went bye bye. IE8 is certainly a very nice improvement in my opinion and I have been very happy with it. I do consider it to have some stability issues still, which is understandable, but it now automatically recovers to the page you were on so its like nothing ever happened. As far as speed goes, with a decent machine that isn't several years old, IE8 is fast and responsive and takes like 1/5th of the time it takes Firefox to load which annoys the heck out of me. When a progam takes that long to load all I think is, what a beast. I have always thought that Firefox has a childish user interface. IE is much more polished and professional looking. Firefox just looks like some plastic toy made by fisher price when I see it. The only experience I have with Google Chrome is uninstalling it to fix the problems it has caused. Finally, I can say, I've never had to change to a different browser just to get functionality, which is the case for all the other browsers. ;)

Edited by appleoddity, 17 June 2010 - 09:33 PM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#7 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

I've been using Chrome for two years now and prefer it over Firefox and IE 8. I occasionally use IE8 when a website only supports ActiveX plugins, but other than that I've never really had a problem with Chrome. I was tempted away from Firefox because of the memory leak they had ages ago. I just felt the whole thing was too heavy, so I went for the fastest and lightest option, which is Google Chrome. As for the "privacy" thing, it's got more to do with Google as a search engine than the browser. You do have the option to delete your search history and to stop Google from collecting it.
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#8 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

I'll nod my head to that astute post appleoddity. You obviously have used your head and ignored the Firefox 'spin'.

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Yet I like FireFox, prefer it over IE (any version) though IE8 is good. Actually, I use SeaMonkey which is much like FF (more like the old Netscape actually). The latest FF release has OOPP (Out Of Process Plug-in) support, which is very nice. Plug-ins no longer take down the main FF browser window. No accounting for taste (or preferences) :lol:

Edited by Ztruker, 23 June 2010 - 07:20 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#10 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

I have always thought that Firefox has a childish user interface. IE is much more polished and professional looking. Firefox just looks like some plastic toy made by fisher price when I see it.

LoL I liked Fisher Price Toy's

#11 n'tQ-boy

n'tQ-boy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

vote Firefox (althought it 's consuming much system resources) IE was uninstalled in my computer! :D
♥ t́nh yêu không lời ♥
who wanna learn Vietnamese, contact me: Y!M songokute_ntq
;)

#12 rshaffer61

rshaffer61

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Firefox 3.6.6 for Linux I gave up on IE a year ago and have never looked back.
Auslogics Defrag | JkDefrag l TweakUIXP l WhoCrashed l Norton Removal Tool l Avast l Malwarebytes l SuperAntiSpyware l ATF (This program is for XP, Vista and Windows 2000 only) l FireFox l How To Make FireFox Faster l Memtest86 l Setting Up Memtest86 l Burncdcc l Revo Uninstaller l HDClone l Unlocker l CpuZ l AutoRuns l JavaRa l HD Diagnostics l Erunt l Puppy Linux l Everest l Comodo Firewall l Avira l TFC l Speccy l

Please do not pm me with questions about your topic. Post your questions here so others may learn. If I do not respond to your thread for a long period then please pm me as real life may have kept me away.

rshaffer61

#13 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

thanks.. i guess you guys are more with firefox so i will check on this again and will replace my google chrome browser with this one.