Hey guys!
i was using Mozilla firefox which i have replaced with Google Chrome. which one are you using and are you satisfied. is there another better alternative of Chrome??
thanks in advance
I use and recommend Firefox for almost all of my online browsing.
The only times I use another browser is to use IE 7.0 for Windows updates, and for several government and contract sites that are configured exclusively to be accessed via IE.
Browser choice is just that, a choice.
Choices should be guided by functionality and security, as well as personal style preference or supposed speed.
If you intend to use a lot of plug-ins, Firefox is a good choice. The new Opera is a speed demon and is my own personal choice.
If you don't mind all your browsing history being collected by Google, Chrome is fast but lacks a lot of set-up flexibility. Safari for Windows is nice but it's bookmark system is messy and frustrating.
In the end it comes down to personal choice, likes and dislikes and how you use your browser. I think all browsers have their good and bad points. It's not a big effort to try several out and decide for yourself. Explorer is still needed for updates and it seems to suit some sites well.
I still use Internet Explorer. Despite all the warnings, it's what I'm accustomed to. The older versions were handy for editing HTML based on my system here. Right click, view source, and it opened up in notepad. Couldn't be handier. I use Firefox occasionally but never felt as comfortable with it.
Compared to the very popular Firefox, IE8 might be a bit slower, but it has come a long way as far as security is concerned and has nowhere near the vulnerabilities that Firefox has. A lot of people changed to Firefox believing the well circulated myth that it has no security issues..
Application security vendor Cenzic (highly regarded Independent product tester) today released its security trends report for the first half of 2009 application. In it, Cenzic claims that the Mozilla's Firefox browser led the field of Web browsers in terms of total vulnerabilities.
According to Cenzic, Firefox accounted for 44 percent of all browser vulnerabilities reported in the first half of 2009. In contrast, Apple's Safari had 35 percent of all reported browser vulnerability, Microsoft's Internet Explorer was third at 15 percent and Opera had just six percent share.
The 2009 figures stand in contrast to Cenzic's Q3/Q4 2008 report, where IE accounted for 43 percent of all reported Web browser vulnerabilities and Firefox followed closely at 39 percent.
Good info. I've used Internet Explorer for a long time. Basically since Netscape Communicator went bye bye. IE8 is certainly a very nice improvement in my opinion and I have been very happy with it. I do consider it to have some stability issues still, which is understandable, but it now automatically recovers to the page you were on so its like nothing ever happened.
As far as speed goes, with a decent machine that isn't several years old, IE8 is fast and responsive and takes like 1/5th of the time it takes Firefox to load which annoys the heck out of me. When a progam takes that long to load all I think is, what a beast.
I have always thought that Firefox has a childish user interface. IE is much more polished and professional looking. Firefox just looks like some plastic toy made by fisher price when I see it.
The only experience I have with Google Chrome is uninstalling it to fix the problems it has caused.
Finally, I can say, I've never had to change to a different browser just to get functionality, which is the case for all the other browsers.
I've been using Chrome for two years now and prefer it over Firefox and IE 8. I occasionally use IE8 when a website only supports ActiveX plugins, but other than that I've never really had a problem with Chrome.
I was tempted away from Firefox because of the memory leak they had ages ago. I just felt the whole thing was too heavy, so I went for the fastest and lightest option, which is Google Chrome. As for the "privacy" thing, it's got more to do with Google as a search engine than the browser. You do have the option to delete your search history and to stop Google from collecting it.
Yet I like FireFox, prefer it over IE (any version) though IE8 is good. Actually, I use SeaMonkey which is much like FF (more like the old Netscape actually). The latest FF release has OOPP (Out Of Process Plug-in) support, which is very nice. Plug-ins no longer take down the main FF browser window.
No accounting for taste (or preferences)
I have always thought that Firefox has a childish user interface. IE is much more polished and professional looking. Firefox just looks like some plastic toy made by fisher price when I see it.