This program says it is 6 %defragged.
I ran sfc and have done a good malware scanning and cleaning.
I was told to wait a week and try again. What would you advise?
It has gone to 0 % over the last 4 years.
TY
3 min read
This program says it is 6 %defragged.
I ran sfc and have done a good malware scanning and cleaning.
I was told to wait a week and try again. What would you advise?
It has gone to 0 % over the last 4 years.
TY
I have a conventional hard drive.
When I ran analyze it said 12% and also said it needs to be defragged. I never saw that advisory before.
I have a 4 1/2 year old Dell desktop and recently replaced the 1TB Seagate HDD with a WD 500 GB HDD.
I am using Windows 10 defrag feature.
I just began importing Google TakeOut to my docs which I don't really need b/c I have Drive Downloaded to desktop.
Maybe that is the reason as it only lasts a week then I create a new archive.
I now also have Googlesync sand do not know if that is because I downloaded drive or if I have takeout.
This is the only new event I have done.
I think there is something wrong since it is at 12% saying it needs to be defragged and only goes to 6%.
Sorry Peter, You have lost me completely on this one…
I am not sure what you are trying to do or, why….
I fear I must leave it to someone who can figure out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, so regretfully I will have to withdraw from the topic.
Hope you get it sorted out Ok, but it doesn't sound as though there is a serious problem with your computer.
Regards
paws
That's ok, Paws, it is mixture of windows and google and hard to do if you are not up on google. It is basically a windows issue that's why I am here. Yes, hopefully someone will help.
PS
I used defraggler and it read 0% fragmented. I then just ran Windows analysis and it read zero fragmented. I did not defrag again.
I do not want to wear the drive out but am now satisfied that it can achieve a lower %.
Now I have to figure out which is off, if 2 can run and which to use. TY
Hi Peter, I'm assuming you're asking which of those two are more reliable for defragging? In my opinion you should use the one that is already built into the system. It's generally good enough for your usage. You can also use defraggler but I don't think it is needed for now. Windows Defrag is more than sufficient.
Hope this helps.
fragmented files are not really a problem on todays pc's with their much larger drives and better file systems, if you went back to xp then they were more of a problem.
personally i never manually defrag a drive any more, and just let the os look after things.
![]()
I usd defraggler only to get back on track. Windows is now at 0% and I will use it only and occasionally.
Thank you both for your advice
Run Defrag from Safe Mode if not getting the results you expect. Often helps.
Yes, Rich, that was an after thought. Will do.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI