This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Frustration "r" Us

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi everyone; Here is my problem. My computer has gotten so slow since I installed "Norton internet security 2005 ". I don,t know if my memory is full or what else. I've run a few scan with Norton and every thing is fine or so it seems. To check things our, I've tried to run "scandisk' and that is not working, it keeps restarting the scan until it says it restarted 10 times and that other programs are running in the background. I closed all programs that I didn't need for now but that "scandisk" result was the same "10 times etc….. I though, I'll try defrag. and that is not even working , it doesn't go at all, it stays at 0% but I can hear the computer working like carzy. I don,t know what to do and I only have 4 hairs left. Thanks, Gilles
I will be corrected if wrong but I think you go to task manager and close all but explorer window and then run defrag. I am sure that is what I done when I had the prob a couple of years back. Sorry I can`t be more explicit as I am no expert.