This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

upload a file or folder from Google TakeOut

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

Does anyone know the steps to upload a file or folder from  Google TakeOut backup or archive to my Drive or my account?

TY

Peter

Thanks Tom, I read that page. I use Google TakeOut to backup or archive Google products or features. Once done I see the archive in my Documents.

I saw a tutorial where a person went to drive, clicked on new and then clicked upload a file or folder.

I am trying to hypothetically retrieve a file that was destroyed. Do I copy from the archive to my current drive and replace it, or do I upload a file fron the archive to my current drive - or are they the same thing?  

I am unsure about how to upload a good file from the archive to my current Drive with a file I wish to replace.

Thanks

Peter

They are basically the same thing.  Follow the directions for "Add to Drive" in the previous link.  I don't believe that will overwrite your existing file.  It will just give you a "good" copy and you can delete the "bad" one. 

Whereas Drive just backs up Drive, Google TakeOut lists all the features you may wish to archive like contacts, Drive, and much more.

So instead of just backing up just Drive I backed up a good part of Google.

IN either case I wanted to know if you upload a corrupted file from an archive or copy and paste and I believe you are saying it makes no difference. I will  try copy and paste - I still don't know how to upload a file but will perform trial and error.

TY

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI