I am running out of room on my Windows 10 laptop. I've added google Gdrive and am now mirroring everything into the G:…but it's still, of course, taking up storage on the laptop. I'm afraid that if I delete the files on the harddrive, I'll delete the files in the G: drive. True? What should I do?
Software
Gdrive backup
1 min read
solo58
Topic Starter
PhillPower2
What should I do?
You should have multiple back ups of anything that you value in any event so keep things as they are + invest in a 1TB external USB HDD to back up to as well, purchase more drives along the way if you need them.
Digerati
I don't know the answer to your question but I agree with PhillPower2. Make another backup of your data on to a different backup device - perhaps an external drive. Verify that backup was successful, then disconnect that external drive.
Then, for a test, delete some files on your laptop and see if they were deleted from your Gdrive too.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI