This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems with Power Option/Standby/Hibernate

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My 'puter is malware free (thanks Rosty) but acting quirky. Despite having the proper power settings, my monitor is the only thing that sleeps. The hard drive does not hibernate or go into standby mode (on it's own). If I do it manually (i.e. Start>Standby), it will do that…….. but only for 10 min or so. Then it turns itself back on. Any thoughts as to the cause? The only time it worked properly was after I upgraded my OS to XP. (I also had the same issue prior to the upgrade)Could one of my other programs be the cause? I"m at a loss with this one. Thanks.
Hi BostonChrist :wavey: Go onto your desktop. Right click it and click ''Properties;;. Notice you will get a box up. Click: ''Screensaver'' See the ''Power'' button at the bottom? Click it. You'll be shown a list of things to turn off when you desire. Choose whatever options you want, then apply and ok. I hope this helps some.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I've already tried that. I still have that problem. Here are my current power settings for home/office desk setting: Turn Off Monitor: After 15 min Turn Off Hard Disk: After 30 min System Standby: After 20 min System Hibernate: After 30min Any thoughts? -Chris

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI