This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

nvidea

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I  noticed I have almost 2 GB of NVIDEA files in installer2 even after running Ccleaner>Windows and apps.

 

Is it typical for this company to leave this many files behind or are they necessary?

The reason I ask is because different threads on line seem to indicate NVIDEA has changed it ways over the years so I do not want outdated advise.

if they are not useful, how can i regain this 1.7 GB of space?

Thank you

Peter

Intaller2? I don't have a NVIDIA card installed in my system anymore but I don't remember seeing a folder called that.

 

What is the full path name? Is that path shown in the properties for NVIDIA Control Panel?

 

If me, I would simply rename the folder, adding the word delete to the folder name. If something breaks, add it back. If nothing breaks, leave it for a few days to be sure all is okay, then delete it.

 

Alternatively, you should be able to totally uninstall your NVIDIA software forcing Windows to revert back to its native drivers. Then delete the NVIDIA stuff and install the latest from your card's website.

I think your last suggestion is a good one and worth pursuing. I asked about this b/c I noticed the entries but also saw so much talk about it after Googling.

The threads were a bit out dated though. 

I used Tree Size to display the size of the folder.

Thanks for the idea.

 

P.S. anyone else with nvidea and similar issue?

Does this look as it should be. The install2 folder is in the program files. I removed the installr2 folder then  force removed the program and features entries. I then booted and installed the components with driver from the NVidea site. NVidea still occupies about 1 GB total but it used to have about 2 GB just in the install2 folder.

That is greatly reduced.

When i run TreeSize, NVidea still occupies a lot of GB's. My on board video runs as well if not  better than NVidea.

Would it be prudent to remove NVidea and use only the on board driver?

 

PS I just created an image and incised the size of the image from 17.2 to 18.5 after all that removing. What explains that?

Attachments:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI